Please note that we do not accept cash for in-flight purchases. It is possible to pre-order a meal when booking a flight for unaccompanied minors through our customer service center - as well as adding a meal to a reservation after booking.
Different rules apply, depending on whether the child is flying on a connecting flight (VIA) between North America and Europe or on a direct flight to/from Keflavik, Iceland.
Children flying on connecting flights (VIA) between North America and Europe
- Children aged 15 and younger cannot travel alone or as unaccompanied minors on WOW air connecting flights (VIA).
- Children aged 16 and older can travel alone on WOW air connecting flights (VIA).
Children flying on direct flights to/from Keflavík airport in Iceland
- Children under the age of 5 cannot travel alone or as unaccompanied minors on WOW air flights.
- Children aged 5 - 11 can travel without a parent or a legal guardian on direct flights with WOW air if the following conditions are met:
- The fact that a child will be traveling unaccompanied must be registered at the time of booking.
- The child's parent or guardian must fill out a special form at check-in. A copy of this form will remain with the child at all times. The form is available at all airports.
- Once the form for unaccompanied minors flying with WOW air has been filled out and the parent or guardian has proven they are in fact the child's guardian, a WOW air representative will accompany the child onto the aircraft, where a member of the cabin crew will take over and remain responsible for the child throughout the flight.
- The parent/guardian is not allowed to leave the departure airport until the plane has taken off.
- At the destination, the WOW air cabin crew will transfer the child to an airport employee who will accompany him/her to the arrivals hall, help the child collect baggage, get through immigration and release the child to the person stated on the form.
- That person must prove their identity with official IDs such as a passport or driving license.
Prices for this service for each child on each flight leg can be seen here. The price includes a pre-selected seat reservation. Please note the charge is not refunded even if the service is not used.
- If two or more siblings are traveling together using the service, only one fee is charged. The sibling discount can only be booked through the WOW air customer service center and not through our website.
PLEASE NOTE – if there are less than 48 hours until departure the service can only be booked through our call center. The service is not guaranteed if booked less than 24 hours in advance.
Children 12 - 17 years of age may travel unaccompanied without any special provisions.
- They are however welcome to the same service as younger children if desired. The cost of that service is the same as for children aged 5 to 11 years.
PLEASE NOTE - Unaccompanied children 12-17 years of age cannot serve as another child's guardian on a flight.