Please note that Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices are strictly prohibited on all WOW air flights. Guests attempting to travel with the prohibited devices will be denied boarding.
Items that could be used to endanger the aircraft; the people or property on board. These items are individually listed in the Dangerous Goods Regulations of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA). See IATA regulations here.
Rules for flights departing from US airports are available from the website of the US Transport Security Administration (TSA).
The following items are prohibited on all WOW air flights, both in the cabin and in the baggage hold:
Please note that the list is not exhaustive and may change without notice for safety and/or operational reasons.
- Flammable items, lighters, oil, paint, paint thinner and flares/torches
- Volatile materials, such as lighter gas and other types of gas
- Bleach and other irritants
- Poisons, such as arsenic, weed killer and insecticide
- Corrosives, such as battery acid, etc.
- Radioactive materials
- Firearms (see exceptions here)
- Stunning devices.
- Objects with a sharp point or sharp edge.
- Explosives, fireworks, detonators, etc
- Compressed gas cylinders, camping stoves, and other equipment containing pressurized gas
- Oxygen cylinders (see exceptions here)
- Materials and equipment with strong magnetic fields
- Equipment containing mercury may only be transported in checked-in baggage
- Small personal transportation devices powered by lithium batteries, including hoverboards, balance wheels and scooters
- Lithium batteries for hoverboards
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 mobile phones, due to fire risk. Read more: The U.S. Department of Transportation
The following items are strictly prohibited in the baggage hold but accepted in the cabin if certain conditions are met:
- Spare loose lithium batteries exceeding 100 Wh but not exceeding 160 Wh, maximum 2 per passenger.
Lithium batteries for mobility devices (excluding hoverboards)
- One lithium battery, max 300 Wh. (carry-on only).
- Two lithium batteries, max. 160 Wh each (carry-on only).
For more information about dangerous goods - click here.