Why should I buy cancellation protection?
WOW air never refunds flight tickets (see our Conditions of Carriage for further details) unless cancellation protection was purchased for the booking in question and the relevant conditions are met. Therefore we recommend that our guests purchase cancellation protection at the time of booking, the cost of which you can see here US, GBP, EU . Please note that you cannot add cancellation protection to your booking afterward.
If you wish to claim a refund through your cancellation protection, you will need to do so within 7 days from the flight’s departure date.
The cancellation protection is not refundable, not changeable and not transferable.
The WOW air cancellation protection covers the following:
- Full refund of your ticket (not the cancellation protection premium) in the case of sudden illness or death of you or your immediate family. What we define as "immediate family" is your spouse/registered partner, cohabiting partner, children, parents, parents-in-law, siblings, and grandparents. A copy of a Medical Certificate or a Death Certificate, signed, dated and stamped is required.
- Significant material damage to your home or private company, which renders your presence necessary. A copy of a police report, signed, dated and stamped is required.
WOW air does not cover the following:
- We do not cover supplementary purchases made with any of our partners, such as hotels, car rental, and activities.
- We do not cover cancellations made because the reason for your journey falls through.
- Examination, treatment and/or admittance to a hospital which was planned before your flight was booked.
- Elective surgery, or illnesses resulting from elective surgery.
Refund procedures for the Cancellation Protection:
If you wish to claim a refund through your cancellation protection, you will need to do so within 7 days from the flight’s departure date:
- Send us a copy via email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) of your stamped medical certificate/death certificate/police report, stating your full name as listed in the booking and reasons why you are not able to travel on the relevant travel date(s).
- Send us documentation of your family relationship.
Once we receive these documents, we will transfer the refund to the card used to book the flight.