How do I book a stopover?
WOW air's stopover option gives you the chance to break up long-haul journeys across the Atlantic and have a unique experience in Iceland before going further. The WOW stopover is available to book on return flights between North America and Europe via Iceland in either direction.
- There is no additional charge for creating a WOW stopover in Iceland. However, when booking two separate flight legs instead of a connecting flight with a short layover, each leg can be higher (or lower) priced. It depends on supply and demand for each flight. In some cases, the price can, therefore be higher, lower or even almost the same. Also note that, when entering a new country, airport taxes for that airport could be different between stopping in Iceland and traveling directly via Iceland over the Atlantic ocean.
- The WOW air stopover option is only available on round-trip reservations. If you are traveling one-way but would like to stop for a few days in Iceland you need to make two different reservations and two separate payments.
How do I book a WOW stopover?
- Choose the STOPOVER option in the WOW air booking engine when you book your return flight online.
- Select whether you would like to make your stopover on your OUTBOUND or RETURN journey.
- Choose your departure and destination city and your travel dates.
- Click SEARCH FLIGHTS.
- In the next step, you will see a breakdown of your 3 flights.
- Please note that a stopover flight will incur a baggage fee for each flight.
- Click CONTINUE and finish your booking.
If you need assistance with booking a WOW Stopover please contact our Customer Service Center.